
Actually,
the day I design and share my PLE diagram it was an inspiring day. I got
inspired by my lovely fish so I decided not to use any Web 2.0 tool but to draw
my own fish. Of course, again I implemented technology during the writing
and developing process. Yes, my PLE is action-oriented but I preferred to
present my PLE like this; in 5categories, because it's more clear to me. Is the
way I develop my knowledge and informed about technology. In all
these categories both formal and informal tools are used. I use informal tools
to gather and organize my materials/information and formal tools to share my
learning/design tools etc with my colleagues and my students. To answer your
question about the single category, I use Facebook not only with
social-oriented environments but I use Facebook for specific teaching
purposes; class community to share my materials, leave comments & feedback
and communicate with students synchronously. Of course this diagram is not the
perfect one as i will continually change it and reflect it.
***
Week 6: Comments on the PLE
The articles in this study
exhibit the characteristics that are desirable for personal learning experience.
The PLE applies many forms of activities including the use of computer-assisted
language, digital and analog elements, call processes, debates, technology,
digital wisdom and confidence. It shows the variables. The experiences
contribute to the integration of technology to daily activities such as sports
and education. In attempt to understand the integration, there are several
activities arise that determine what digital natives can do that digital
immigrants cannot do. There is a debate about the important technological
contribution to learning activities. Some of the digital natives engage in
pioneering of new ideas unlike digital immigrants.
The networked refers to a collection of people who are using the modern information technology. It also includes people who are using the same system through common interfaces and language. The largest number of the networked people is the digital natives since they have the ability to initiate interpersonal communication through the internet. They use vigorous technologies such as the social networks and blogs. The digital immigrants are almost literally immigrants to the state of new networking technology and video games. The networked generation uses various platforms to link to one another such as online line chats, Skype and emails.
The technology of the
present age is about Computer Mediated ways of transferring
computer solutions including Writing, to the online environment. This article
discusses the use of digital computer solutions to the art of writing. The
ideas manifest in the manipulation of text data through computer commands and
shortcut instructions. At the same time, Weller focuses on the conversion of
digital standards of communication to customized human writing. The proposal of
his ideas includes the use of touch screen devices to write using human hand
(Weller 28). Digital age transforms history through the dynamic application of
the new technologies and implementation of innovative skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment